Sunday, August 7, 2011

Another Day-Another Post

Sitting here at work and actually had some down time so I thought I would type a quick blog. It has been a pretty good day today, slept well and work has been fairly slow (hopefully I didn't just jinx myself!). The alcohol cravings have sucked today. I don't know why some days are worse than others. I have them everyday, but today has been worse than normal. Hopefully I won't be too tired to go to church this morning, night shifts makes it rough on my church going but I know that's what I need to do. Wyatt will enjoy getting out with dad anyhow. He's got a little buddy at church, Bryson, he enjoys seeing.

Couple of verses in Proverbs 3 that stuck in my head as I was reading my daily scriptures today I would like to share:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart;

do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do,

and he will show you which path to take. (Proverbs 3:5, 6 NLT)


One more thing I would like to share. When I was young I remember a preacher saying "even when the sky is dark and full of clouds, the sun is still shining above them". For some reason this has always stuck in my head.

Thank each and everyone for your thoughts and prayers, they are much needed. My struggle is still very rough and tiring. I'm going to be honest here, I don't want to be, but I am thinking about a drink as I am typing this and it sucks! I am going to stay strong and stick to my guns for God, myself, my family, and my friends.

I hope there aren't too many typos, my phone won't allow the spell check option!

2 comments:

  1. Hope the cravings fade so u can rest. Read Psalms 118:8. It tells us to trust in the Lord not man. Our preacher gave a lesson on this a coulpe weeks ago called "Center of the Bible, Center of Life". Psalms 118 is the middle of the Bible, 594 chapters before and after it. Also I have some notes on "how to fight discouragement" from last week, very powerful; I'll get those to you. The Lord will provide you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you. Praying God will take the cravings away..he will..in his time. The bible verse you posted is one of my favorites. Let God take control of this situation. Turn it all over to him and then trust & believe with all your heart that he will take care of everything. I know this is a very hard time for you. HANG IN THERE! DO NOT GIVE IN!

    ReplyDelete