Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Loving Wife

In today's blog I want to focus on my wife.  Now this may seem lame to some, but she has had to put up with a lot from me in the past 6 years.  Our 6th anniversary was August 5th.  Sometimes I get upset at her because I don't think she knows how I feel or what I am going through.  I then think to myself, how is she supposed to, she's not an addict.  I could not ask for a more loving, caring, or encouraging person to call my wife.  She has stood right beside me through the thick and thin.  She has done more for me than I could ever thank her for.  It's embarrassing, but she has cleaned my vomit off me after I drank too much, she has let me sleep off hangovers even though she needed help around  the house or with daily tasks, she has sat up at night with me when I was a depressed, crying drunk thinking nothing in the world was going right for me...I could go on and on.  How many people in this world would do that for me? I can only think of one, Charity.  I deeply regret what she has put up with.  I was never an abusive or mean alcoholic, but that don't mean I didn't hurt her in many other ways.  I don't know how many times I apologized for drinking too much the night before, she had to get tired of that.  Would I have supported her the same way? Who knows without being faced with it, I like to think I would, but she is a strong woman.  I know if something happened to her health I would stand by her side until the end, but she had to put up with the puking, crying, need just one more drink, I won't drink that much ever again, drunk.  Thank you Charity. I love you more than I could ever put in words.  You have been a wonderful wife and from now on I will try to be a wonderful, more considerate husband.  You are my rock, you are my soul mate.  We will grow old together and look back on these days and be thankful that they are in the past.

On a happier note, 8 more days until I hit that one month mark.  I know there will still be many hard times and trials to overcome, but it's been longer than I can remember since I have been sober for a month.  Thank you all for your prayers and support.  Thank God for helping me and my family through this.

Until next time,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment